A special vote-by-mail-only election will be held on March 7, 2017 to elect a new Councilmember for District 4. The former Councilmember, Jesse Arreguín, was elected Mayor in November 2016, leaving a vacancy for the City Council seat.Check my coucil district
All registered voters in District 4 will receive a mail-in ballot and a postage-paid return envelope, beginning February 6th, 2017. Ballots must be postmarked by March 7th in order to be counted.
Ballots can also be deposited in the drop box in front of Berkeley City Hall, 2180 Milvia St.
Need a replacement ballot? Click here to request a one-time vote-by-mail ballot online, or call the Registrar of Voters at (510) 272-6973. The last day to request a ballot is February 28th, 2017.
Map of City Council District 4
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I did not receive a mail-in ballot?
- You might not be registered to vote! Check your registration status here. If you are registered and you don't have a ballot by February 13th, request a replacement! The deadline to register is February 20th.
How do I return my ballot?
- Simply fill it out and put it back in a mailbox - no postage necessary! You can also place it in the drop box in front of City Hall, at 2180 Milvia St.
What is the deadline to vote?
- Ballots must be postmarked (received by the Post Office) or deposited in the drop box by March 7th.
How to Vote for Ben!
- 1Mark Ben Gould as your #1 choice, in the leftmost column. You don't need to mark anything else!
- 2Put your ballot into its return envelope and complete the back portion.
- 3Deposit the sealed & signed envelope in a mailbox or the City Hall drop box - no postage needed!
- 4Wear your "I Voted by Mail" sticker proudly!